Drive-Up Rapid COVID-19 Antigen Testing
Oswald’s Pharmacy is now offering convenient, rapid COVID-19 Antigen Testing. If you or a family member needs an immediate answer to see if you have COVID-19, this is one of the fastest FDA Approved Tests on the market. Get results in just 15 minutes.
FDA-Approved Rapid COVID-19 Test from BD
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) granted Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) for BD’s rapid, point-of-care, SARS-CoV-2 diagnostic test for use with the BD Veritor™ Plus Analyzer. This test uses a gentle nasal swab in both nostrils (not the deep swab used in PCR tests) for qualitative detection of SARS-CoV-2 nucleocapsid antigens from individuals who are suspected of having COVID-19 within the first five days of the onset of symptoms.
Aren’t COVID-19 tests Free?
Yes many tests are free! Here’s a link to find free local testing sites from the Illinois Department of Public Health. Due to convenience, cost, and speed to administer this test in rapid fashion, we’re currently unable to bill public or private insurance.
Can you be reimbursed? Most likely! Reach out directly to your insurance company and ask if they will reimburse you for an out-of-pocket rapid COVID-19 test. If so, ask what they’ll need and we’ll be happy to work with you to make sure you have the proper paperwork and receipt to submit to your insurance company.
Oswald’s Pharmacy Rapid COVID-19 Testing Process
- Sign up online using this link. When your appointment is set, you will receive an email confirmation.
- Make sure to arrive on time! While we’ve slotted 30-minute windows to ensure proper testing time, we often have appointments before and after tests. We need to ensure all of our patients are testing in a safe and timely manner.
- To respect patient privacy, we have special reserved parking spots in the back of our store for this test. View the map of where to park here.
- Enter the back parking lot off of Catalpa and Triton. When you enter the parking lot, you’ll round the corner behind Casey’s and come upon Suite 114 where you’ll see 3 spots reserved for OSWALD’S COVID-19 TESTING. View an image of the parking spots here. Please pull in one of these spots and call 630-355-6500 to let us know you’ve arrived.
- Our lab technician will come out in full PPE with the nasal swab, a sanitized clipboard with paperwork to be filled out, and a folder containing vital test information whether you test positive or negative.
- The nasal swab will be administered by the patient. This is a shallow nasal swab, not the PCR style nasal swab administered by healthcare professionals.
- The lab technician will guide you through the nasal swabbing process. You can also watch this video here to get an example in preparation for your visit (Video will start at 2:02 watch until 2:35).
- Let the lab technician know if you would like to wait for your results in person, or to be called. If you wait in person, we can supply you with paperwork from our pharmacy system that verifies your positive or negative test result.
- The lab technician will take the sample back into our laboratory to run the test with the BD Veritor Analyzer.
- In 15-20 minutes you’ll receive a call, or the technician will come back out to your car to read your results.
- Follow the folder insert information on what to do if you test positive or negative. Click here for more information.
- Please call our pharmacy at 630-355-2500 if you’d like to speak with one of our pharmacists regarding the lab results. Our lab technician is not authorized to give out any medical advice.